[c-nsp] standby RSP720 gets "Data TLB Error Exception" after rommon upgrade

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Thu Jun 4 02:20:12 EDT 2009

Has anyone managed to do a rommon upgrade to a RSP720 and immediately afterwards had it
boot as a standby ? I did it twice and i always got the "Data TLB Error Exception" message

rommon 7 > boot bootdisk:c7600rsp72043-advipservicesk9-mz.122-33.SRB5a.bin

Initializing ATA monitor library...

*** Data TLB Error Exception ***
PC = 0x40442e4, Vector = 0x1400, SP = 0x4012dc4

I have RMAed 2 RSP720s until now after doing exactly the same procedure and now i'm
waiting for the 3rd one!

If the RSP720 is the only one in the chassis (so it's acting like an active), then booting
after the rommon upgrade works fine! If the RSP720 gets booted as a standby after the
rommon upgrade, then it gets destroyed and cannot be used neither as an active nor as a
standby.

--
Tassos