[c-nsp] L2TPv3 and VLANs

Ziv Leyes zivl at gilat.net
Thu Jun 18 09:08:22 EDT 2009

Hi,
I'm trying to make sure this following scenario can work.
3 remote sites, one is the HQ which has a switch that handles 2 vlans, let's say vlan 10 and vlan 20.
The other two branches needs to be connected to the HQ and have a flat LAN between them and the HQ, but each branch to it's own vlan, branch 1 to vlan 10 and branch 2 to vlan 20. They must NOT see each other's traffic.
Every site has a switch and a router (C2801 I think) Is it possible to do?
If yes, then I was thinking about L2TPv3, but in this case I'd need to make two different xconnections between HQ-->Branch 1 and HQ-->Branch 2.
How do I make this happen on the HQ router? I was thinking to bring the vlans via a trunk from the switch and then finishing them on sub-interfaces with dot1q and then xconnecting the sob-interface to each l2tp tunnel to each respective branch. Is it correct or there is a better way?

Will this work?

Thanks in advance for your help
Ziv