[c-nsp] passive-interface on VRF-specific OSPF process

Ivan Pepelnjak ip at ioshints.info
Fri Jun 26 09:32:34 EDT 2009

> > while configuring an OSPF process for a VRF on a Cisco 3550-12G
> > (running 12.2(25)SE) I notice that the command "passive-interface"
> > is unavailable. How can this be? Is there another way I can
> suppress
> > routing updates on an interface?
>
> You can put actual network commands in ospf configuration section. For
> example:
>
> network 172.16.8.1 0.0.0.0
> network 172.17.0.30 0.0.0.0
> network 172.17.0.242 0.0.0.0
>
> It will activate interfaces in the target VRF only. You can
> redistribute
>   any other routes you need to announce.

... And we're back to the neverending question: ignoring the obvious
implications for stub areas, is it better to advertise connected subnets as
parts of router (type-1) LSA or as individual external (type-5) routes?

Any thoughts or preferences?
Ivan

http://www.ioshints.info/about
http://blog.ioshints.info/