[c-nsp] Quick question regarding trunking and routing.

Jeff Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Fri Mar 13 09:02:12 EDT 2009

Use an SVI for the routing and the L2 port for the trunking.

! SVI
interface vlan 100
ip address 10.10.10.10 255.255.255.0

interface gi1/0/1
switchport
switchport mode trunk
! Use the following if you need to use a native vlan.
! switchport trunk native vlan nnnn
!Use the following to restrict what vlans you want on the trunk
!  swithcport trunk allowed vlans 100,200,300,400,500
switchport nonegotiate

Jeff