[c-nsp] [SPAM?] Certification Ethics

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue May 12 03:19:17 EDT 2009

On Tue, 12 May 2009, Steve McCrory wrote:

> * People who don't use TestKeys or equivalents to study for an exam. I
> would say that these people are in the minority and often require more
> than 1 attempt to pass an exam because they are not prepared for
> ambiguity of Cisco's questions

Last time I checked (5 years ago or something like that) I got so put off
I never considered getting a Cisco certification again.

The web example question was "how many usable /26 do you have in a /24"
and the answer was "2". Right. Like ANYONE has ever IN THE REAL WORLD used
a Cisco router without "ip subnet-zero" and "ip classless" since 1995.

I hope this has improved since I last looked at it.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se