[c-nsp] ASR1004 vs 7606(RSP720-CXL)

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Wed Nov 25 15:30:23 EST 2009

On 2009-11-25 21:22, Gert Doering wrote:

>   - 6500/7600 split.  They ("the 7600 camp") get the fast CPU, we get the
>     reasonable 10G linecards (and got the 10G sup first).

Yeah. We all live in a material world. But the CPU on the MSFC4 on
Sup2T will be fast.

>   - confusing strategy regarding IOS future, especially modular IOS vs. NX-OS

Modular IOS is a way to go on the 6500. NX-OS is for Nexus only.

>   - confusing feature adoption between SX, SR and "main line" IOS

SX = 6500, SR = 7600, 7200, couple of other lines. Main line is usually
for access boxes, like ISRs and ISRs G2.

>   - removal of BFD on SVI!!! *grumble* (this has bitten me *again* today)

Tim and Scott and a couple of people are looking at the list. I think
they heard your scream.

>   - as a customer, you really can't trust Cisco to make reasonable
>     decisions (did I mention the BU split?  and IOS and hardware support
>     pain?) - even Cisco's stock price sucks, so the usual argument "but
>     it was good for the stock price!" doesn't hold either.

Hm. Usually price issues are taken care of by account teams. I can't
speak about that part.

--
"Everything will be okay in the end. |                  Łukasz Bromirski
  If it's not okay, it's not the end. |       http://lukasz.bromirski.net