[c-nsp] slow down VTY speed

Pierfrancesco Caci p.caci at seabone.net
Tue Sep 1 03:28:23 EDT 2009

:-> "Tony" == Tony  <td_miles at yahoo.com> writes:

    > Hi all,
    > I'm wondering if there is a way to slow down the speed of VTY (telnet) sessions on a Cisco router ?

    > We have the situation that when RANCID grabs a config from an
    > older 7204 with NPE-300 it causes the CPU to hit 100% for a long
    > 4-5 seconds, which is long enough for OSPF with 1 second
    > hello-interval to time out and declare neighbours dead.

We had a situation in the past where rancid would cause some 72xx and
75xx to crawl and sometime crash when accessing the disks. You
may want to check if that's the case and comment out the offending
command in @commandtable (around line 1700 of /usr/lib/rancid/bin/rancid)

IIRC it depends on IOS version and type of ata disk used.

Pf