[c-nsp] Catalyst vs. Nexus

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 13:58:48 EDT 2009

> actually, at this point in time, MPLS is not available on N7K.  the current
> shipping M1 forwarding engine based I/O modules are capable of MPLS which
> will be enabled in a future release.

Interesting. I guess the N7K might yet replace the C6K. If Cisco would ship
an EARL8 based Sup for the 6500 running NX-OS, I'd be happy...

Question about the N7K: are VLANs global to the switch, like the C6K, or can
they be configured to be local to a switchport? I'd like to know if L3
switchports can have the same subinterfaces or not.

Tim:>