[c-nsp] 12.2(18)SXD to 12.2(33)SRB|C|D

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Tue Sep 15 09:10:17 EDT 2009

Upgraded to SRC4 last night and everything went pretty smoothly.

A couple things I'm wondering if anyone has seen with SRC4:

1-  When SRC4 booted, we were a little paniced when we saw that a
bunch of our SFP ports were now dark.  We resolved it by pulling the
fiber and the SFP and reseating each.  The original theory in doing
that was to check to see if the SFP was genuine Cisco to see if we
needed to enable service unsupported-transceiver but the side-effect
was that it actually brought the port up.  We were able to get all our
dark ports up this way before enabling transceiver support so we don't
think it was related to that command (but enabled it for good measure).

2- We had to enable ip mtu 1500 on a few interfaces that had their
port mtu cranked into jumbo range for OSPF to work.  Why we didn't
have to do this in SXD is curious, but we are happy that SRC operates
correctly (by showing us where our configs were inconsistent).

3- There is one device on the network (an ASR1002 running 2.4.0) that
is unable to see the loopback address via OSPF from this 7600 we just
upgraded.  It's built an adjacency with the 7600, so it's not an MTU
thing, it just doesnt see the route for it's loopback interface.  We
didn't do much digging into it last night because there was an
alternate path on the ASR so we felt we could leave it till the AM,
but strange indeed.  It may too be a misconfguration that SRC expects,
which SXD was relaxed about but I  thought I'd ask anyway.