[c-nsp] 2801 as console server

Holemans Wim wim.holemans at ua.ac.be
Wed Sep 16 04:40:06 EDT 2009

I've been looking through the Cisco doc but didn't found what I was
looking for, therefor this question :

I transformed a 2801 router which we used as a dialin server to a
console server. The config seems to work, I can do a

telnet xxx 2018  to get access to serial port 0/1/1, also ssh -l
user:portnumber works. But I still have 2 problems :

-    The escape character doesn't work when using ssh, also e.g.
defining CTRL-Z as disconnect character doesn't work. The only way to
stop the connection, is by killing it at the ssh client side. Is there
another way to stop the ssh connection, just like the telnet escape
character ?

-    Is there a way to access the async line from within the router
itself ? So just a telnet/ssh to the router and then something like
'connect line XXX'  ? The connect command on the router seems an
equivalent of telnet for outgoing tcp sessions and I don't see another
command that could do this.

I'm running c2801-ipbasek9-mz.124-25a on the router.

Thanks,

Wim Holemans

Netwerkdienst Universiteit Antwerpen