[c-nsp] modular code for the 6500

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Sep 28 05:39:43 EDT 2009

On Friday 25 September 2009 11:05:43 am Tony Varriale wrote:

> I'm not even recommending it until it gets much further
> along and gets some serious field experience.

Being that 'c-nsp' might be considered a fairly general
representation of the "field", and it appears Modular IOS is
not gaining many (new) friends here in the last several
years, it would be interesting to see where this goes... :-)

As Dale has already mentioned, adoption may be more
successful if it's integrated into the platform, e.g., IOS
XR + CRS-1/ASR9000, e.t.c., and/or Cisco have no more
financial incentive to maintain the monolithic releases.

Cheers,

Mark.