[c-nsp] Route Bridged Encapsulation on Frame Relay?

Clayton Zekelman clayton at MNSi.Net
Thu Aug 12 11:07:12 EDT 2010

I'm trying to come up with a "best practices" method of building a
stock configuration for customer T1 CPE.

The idea is to use Frame Relay over a T1, have 2 DLCI's defined - one
to a management IP wrapped inside a VRF on each end.  Ideally, I'd
like the CPE router to learn it's IP during frame-relay
negotiation.  I think I've got that part covered.

The part that we're having trouble with is finding functionality
similar to "atm route-bridged ip" for Frame Relay.  The goal is to
not have any customer specific config on the CPE router, to make
support as simple as possible.

I'd rather not use BVI's and bridiging, as they don't seem to scale nicely.

Any suggestions?

---

Clayton Zekelman
Managed Network Systems Inc. (MNSi)