[c-nsp] Sup720-3A: anyone with 'mls mpls enable' experience?

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Dec 12 15:35:48 EST 2010

Hi,
> I'm working a school project with a truckload of original Sup720s in
> 6500s.  Given the funding arrangements, replacing these units is, shall
> we say, unlikely.  Should we find issues where MPLS would be beneficial,
> does anyone have experience with the global command 'mls mpls enable'?
> If so, could you please share your experiences?

there are many times when it seem you can run a command....and only
find that you cant when you run it.  if you dont have a test-bench/network
available, then all i can suggest is that you wait until some suitable
at risk time - or out of hours then issue a 'reload in 3 minutes'
command, try running the above command....and see what you get. if it all
goes wrong, the router should reload in 3 minutes to get you back to where
you were....otherwise- you'll know the answer.  and yes, as per other
messages on the list..you can see what you should be able to run on
the hardware/featureset navigator

alan