[c-nsp] Simple src/dst IP QoS

Ray Davis ray-lists at carpe.net
Fri Dec 17 09:39:45 EST 2010

The DSL side is the Dialer interface which has "bandwidth 4608" in it's config.  I don't know if service-policy pays any attention to that or not.  The LAN side has no bandwidth statement.

Would I be better off doing something like this?

     class-map match-all voice-sig
      match protocol sip
     class-map match-all voice-rtp
      match protocol rtp

     policy-map PrioritizeVoice
      class voice-rtp
         priority percent 33
      class voice-sig
         priority percent 20
      class class-default
     policy-map Shaper6.4M
      class class-default
         shape average 6400000
       service-policy PrioritizeVoice

     interface FastEthernet0/0
      description Inside Customer LAN-1 (linknet to ASA firewall)
      load-interval 30
      service-policy output Shaper6.4M

     interface Dialer1
      description pppoe multilink Dialer (SHDSL line)
      load-interval 30
      service-policy output Shaper6.4M

And should I be shaping on both the LAN & WAN side?

Thanks,
Ray

PS: FYI, I copied the above from http://inetpro.org/wiki/HQoS