[c-nsp] mvrf leaking

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 16:07:42 EST 2010

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Rodney Dunn <rodunn at cisco.com> wrote:
> I don't *think* so. I think to get traffic from the VRF's you need MVPN
> Extranet support:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2sb/feature/guide/extvpnsb.html

Anybody used this in anger? I've got multicast between vrfs working in
the lab, but it isn't configured as I expected. 6500, Sup720,
12.2(33)SXI3, PE-PE, CE directly connect interface on PE.

So far I need "ip pim sparse-dense mode" configured on the CE facing
vlan int, and sparse-dense mode on a loopback in the vrf. Multicast
then works between vrfs on the same PE.

Sparse mode does not work, even with various rp/bsr configs.

Confused.

--
Tim:>
Sent from New York, NY, United States