[c-nsp] Getting serial number for 3640s

Matt Martini imaginarywave at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 09:44:04 EST 2010

One thing you can do to help with this in the future is to put the S/N into the config.
Something like:

    alias exec SerialNumber SN_<serial_number>

That way it is always available with a show config.  True this doesn't help you get
the S/N the first time, for that you still have to do a visual inspection.

It is a good idea to have this in your deployment procedure for all equipment.

Matt