[c-nsp] how to connect vss-setup via mpls core

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Sat Jan 16 15:08:23 EST 2010

Arne,

Why would you want to do that in such a way?
In order to get the real benefit of VSS you would need all the access
switches connected to both VSS nodes, which would require links from DC1
to DC2 per each access switch...
The same would apply to upstream Layer 3 connectivity...

If you do not plan to have this kind of a full mesh, then why would you
want to use VSS in the first place.

With regards to layer 2 interconnect between DCs, this is a very common
design nowadays, and MPLS is used in many solutions.
I suggest you take a look at this link:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns975/index.html (take a look at the
whitepaper).

Also, there is a very good Cisco Press book about this whole subject:
http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=9781587059926

In the coming Networkers event in Barcelona there would be a few
sessions about this, and a number of people in Meet the Engineer venue
which can help with this subject.

Arie