[c-nsp] Purposed of uRPF's "allow-default" Option?

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Fri Jan 29 17:10:20 EST 2010

Hi Devon -
With loose mode uRPF ("reachable-via any"), "allow-default" does mean
that any packet will pass the uRPF check (unless the default route goes away).

However, with strict mode uRPF ("reachable-via rx") with
allow-default, traffic not matching a more specific prefix only
passes the RPF check if it arrives on the interface(s) where the
default is learned (and of course, only if the default route is
present in the routing table).

Hope that helps,
Tim

At 01:35 PM 1/29/2010, Devon True declared:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Cisco Nexus 7000
Cisco - http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759