[c-nsp] inet vrf

Murphy, William William.Murphy at uth.tmc.edu
Wed Mar 17 11:08:23 EDT 2010

The problem for me is that the 6500 seems to do it even if you don't have
MPLS enabled.  The fact that you are running BGP inside VRF causes it to
generate labels.  If I can run IGP inside VRF why then does BGP running
inside VRF automatically assuming we want to do MPLS or L3VPN?  More to the
root of your question, the problem for me is TCAM consumption and there is
some label scanning process that is adding about 20% utilization to my CPU.
I am carrying full I1 routes and that is a lot of labels.