[c-nsp] Huawei instead of Cisco

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu May 13 05:33:23 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 03:27:39PM +0000, jgitau at gmail.com wrote:
> Your biggest issue will be support and associated costs. they tend to
> position themselves as a cheaper option in the begining but in the
> long run you end up paying more for deployment, support, spares &
[..]

What about the CPE side?  We have been offered Huawei devices to be used
as G.SHDSL.bis termination devices (on the CPE side), and they look quite
interesting - a Cisco 1841 with a SHDSL-WIC would also work, of course,
but the WIC is just too expensive for a CPE...

(We have not yet received the boxes, so I couldn't test 'em yet)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de