[c-nsp] Ethernet-to-Ethernet Solution???

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon May 17 23:52:32 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 18 May 2010 09:15:27 am binh le duy wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. I will work more with my partner
>  to get more detail information.
> Can you help me explain more issues. I have ever hear
>  about NNI setup before, but I haven't known clearly how
>  it's work,yet,  because i can't find out any document
>  about this one on the internet, can you give me some
>  links topic or ebook instruct about NNT setup.

I'm not sure whether there is any real dedicated information
on various forms of NNI at Layer 2 Ethernet other than it
being a framework using general purpose protocols such as
802.1Q, MPLS, IP, e.t.c.

There are interconnect standards for MPLS-based l3vpn's
(Interprovider and CsC infrastructure). A Google should get
you what you need.

Cisco have a feature called "L2VPN Pseudowire Switching"
which supports MPLS-based NNI's for point-to-point l2vpn's:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0s/feature/guide/fsstitch.html

Juniper also have a recommendation that provides for an NNI
for VPLS between one domain running BGP for the control
plane and the other running LDP:

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/local/pdf/whitepapers/2000279-
en.pdf

Juniper also have other NNI implementations which use BGP
that I can't share at this time. Would suggest contacting
them if you're keen.

You might also want to check out what the MEF are doing
under the MEF-26 specification.

http://www.metroethernetforum.org/PPT_Documents/Overview%20of%20MEF26.ppt

Hope this helps.

Cheers,