[c-nsp] Fwd: Cisco 7206VXR (NPE-G2) SRD4

Anrey Teslenko teslenko.andrey at gmail.com
Wed May 26 04:33:49 EDT 2010

Remote neighbor logged massages " Hold timer expired "
The current neighbor  got down every 180 seconds,  however 180 seconds (Hold
timer) session was "up".
But no prefixes receive. Session was being restarted cyclically, so i think
that logs is consequence of session destruction.

Why the session was being restarted cyclically? That is question.

>>Could both loopbacks ping each other ?
Yes it is.

>>Was there IP connectivity between the affected IGP neighbours when BGP
went down?
The IGP is OSPF and all ospf sessions were up "FULL/BDR"

>>Did you see any L2 problems. What type of interfaces links the neighbors
together.
There were not any problem with L2. Interfaces is 1000BaseT but channel is
Ethernet over SDH.

And that importantly second session was up. The session with this neighbor
is configured similar. But remote router is Cisco 7200,  although problem
session with Cisco 7600