[c-nsp] Looking for router recommendation to handle 10GE

scott owens scottowens12 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 15:21:19 EST 2010

Don't know your traffic flows so ...

A 6504 with a Sup32 -10 is a pretty efficient little box.
put in a secondary sup card and you have 4 x 10 Gb all active at the same
time
get a 12 port GBIC based line card and you can do any flavor of GigE you
want as well.

or use regular sup32s and a 6704 line card which I think will handle around
32 or 33 Gb total.

Both of these solutions will run you about 1/3 of the ASR 1004 cost [the
sup32 & 6704 solution is even a little less .. ] and will work pretty well
for anything I can think of; I use them to feed multiple Nexus 5Ks and will
soon pump data over to a set of UCS chassis.

Just make all of your ports /30 point to point L3s interfaces and you will
never know you aren't sitting in front of a "real" router.