[c-nsp] CCO Login to ftp.cisco.com hosed [was Re: FYI: SXI5 posted]

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Nov 9 18:09:02 EST 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 12:01:37AM +0100, Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Nov 2010 10:38:31 -0500, you wrote:
>
> > Everyone call tac at the same time with this problem... Shall we schedule it ?
>
> However much I'd like to, I'm afraid I can't join in.
>
> They measure Tier 1 (direct) partners on the TAC cases that we create,
> and it influences support pricing if we open 'unneccesary' cases, such
> as 'RTFM'. (So yes, when their web site sucks and we can't find stuff,
> or documentation is inconsistent, we actually (indirectly) pay to get
> the answer).

	Never heard this from our SSM.. Could be something they do
differently.  IMHO, this isn't some "documentation issue", it's a process
failure one.  If their website is busted and you can't get software, how
do you tell if that's an unnecessary case vs something else?

	If it's truly RTFM, I do agree, but that's why they have the
"screener tac" on anything IOS related.  IOS can be anything from a high
end router to something that's not really that useful/interesting.

	We may also just have a high enough ratio of real stuff to
not show up...

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net