[c-nsp] Ace managment Service policy ambigous error

Justin Horstman justin.horstman at gorillanation.com
Tue Oct 5 18:02:40 EDT 2010

%ACE-1-106028: WARNING: Unknown error while processing service-policy. Incomplete rule is currently applied on interface vlan11.  Manual roll back to a previous access rule configuration on this interface is needed.

I receive the above error when I have any criteria assigned to the class-map for instance:

class-map type management match-any REMOTE_ACCESS
	2 match protocol icmp any

policy-map type management first-match REMOTE_MGMT_ALLOW_POLICY
	class REMOTE_ACCESS
		permit

interface vlan 11
  ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0
  access-group input ALL
  service-policy input REMOTE_MGMT_ALLOW_POLICY
  no shutdown

Cisco docs say there is something wrong with the class-map, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. Would anyone be willing to make suggestions of what to look at? Or is it a false message?

~J