[c-nsp] Limiting Interface Traffic

Per Carlson pelle at hemmop.com
Wed Oct 6 03:57:08 EDT 2010

Hi.

> While on this subject, what is a recommended lower cost customer aggregation platform?

In general any ME-switch are a better choice than a Catalyst-switch.
After all customer aggregation with subrates != desktop switching.
I.e. if you are a SP, stick to the SP product ranges.

In your case a ME3400E or ME3600X (as others recommend) will do the trick.

--
Pelle

RFC1925, truth 11:
 Every old idea will be proposed again with a different name and
 a different presentation, regardless of whether it works.