[c-nsp] Feedback on upcoming removal of FTP access to secured software

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Sep 15 18:04:51 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 23:20 +0200, Łukasz Bromirski wrote:
> On 2010-09-15 23:05, Peter Rathlev wrote:
> > And the report is free[2].
> > [2]: Except you have to pay for them to actually make the report.
> >      (I havn't figured out what the "free" thing is then.)
>
> The report IS free. You're propably being charged by a Partner.

That is correct. The partner charged.

> One way or another, if anyone is willing to charge you for it, please
> contact Your account team at Cisco to sort this out.

We've done exactly that. We've now been more or less promised (although
not formally/written) by our AM that he'll try to get Cisco Advanced
Services to perform an enterprise wide IBLM.

But: He says that even when AS performs the IBLM, we still have to pay.
We can get a refund when purchasing new equipment later, but still have
to pay up front.

We were told that there's no way we can escape paying for the "junior
technician" that pushes the button. (And in one place they charged for
*30* man hours to enter the same SNMPv2 community on ~80 devices. Talk
about slow typing!)

Are they pulling our legs?

--
Peter