[c-nsp] ASR1000 Routes on ESP2.5 ESP5

Lukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Tue Sep 21 01:35:09 EDT 2010

On 2010-09-21 01:31, David Blundell wrote:

> I am trying to find the number of routes that an ASR1002-F (embedded
> ESP2.5) and an ASR-1002 with ESP5 can handle.

ASR1002-F and ASR-1002 can both handle 512k IPv4 prefixes maximum,
128k IPv6 prefixes maximum or a mix of these. The change in marking
of the ESP from 5 to 2.5 comes from the fact that the useable
bandwidth was halved, not the system capacity to store data.

> Finally, is the resource split between IPv4 and IPv6 fixed or can more
> resources be reserved for IPv4 routes?

The TCAM space for FIB is common. Both values are maximums if nothing
else occupies the space.

--
"Everything will be okay in the end. |                  Łukasz Bromirski
  If it's not okay, it's not the end. |       http://lukasz.bromirski.net