[c-nsp] DS3 Nubie

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Sun Sep 26 11:26:08 EDT 2010

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010, Christopher J. Wargaski wrote:

> Hey Jeff--
>
>    This year I installed a video WAN comprised of several 3845 routers
> with the NM-1T3/E3 for point to point DS3s (that is all, nothing
> else). The 3845 routers list at $13,000 and the network module at
> $8,500. You should do yourself and your firm a favor and look at
> business class Ethernet. DS3s are so expensive and sometimes a major
> pain in the butt.

...or you can buy a 7204 with a DS3 adapter on the secondary market for a
tenth of that cost.

That said, ethernet is getting cheaper and more widely deployed. We were
very pleased to discover that Verizon was finally offering this service in
our LATA. NxT1 now upgrades to ethernet instead of frac DS3 for our
customers.

Andy

---
Andy Dills