[c-nsp] AIR-AP1262N-A-K9 question.

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Aug 7 16:28:22 EDT 2011

Hi,

> There were some legacy WEP settings from the old WAP. I removed them but it still does not show 802.11n capabilities. Here is what I have now:

you cannot have 802.11n fully with TKIP -

either open , or AES.

for full 802.11n you'll also need 40MHz mode rather than 20MHz - recommend
to ONLY do this in the 5GHz spectrum (802.11an) due to number of channels..with
2.4GHz (802.11gn) you will have no spare channels for numbers of APs.

finally, with autonomous, you probably have to enable the 802.11n mode in the antennae..
though I cant recall that - so its probably just dependant on ensuring the thing
is running IOS with 802.11n support :-)

alan