[c-nsp] Brocade Vs Cisco

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Aug 12 03:52:44 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 09:00:32PM -0400, Ryan Finnesey wrote:
> What would be your preference between just Cisco or Juniper

"depends on what you want to do with it"

Recently, OS and TAC support quality at Juniper seriously went down the
drain, so the original reason to want Juniper "high quality operating
system and very motivated company to iron out the remaining wrinkles"
seems to have been lost...

OTOH, Cisco is still stuck in "we have too many operating systems and
we spend half our resources with BU in-fighting" mode - which, I guess,
will now be fixed by firing 10.000 folks from engineering so they won't
get in the way of the in-fighting anymore...

Right now, I'm not sure I'm trusting either company enough.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de