[c-nsp] Layer 3 on an ES+ EVC

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Aug 30 00:19:31 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, August 30, 2011 12:52:20 AM Saku Ytti wrote:

> Now EVC is just another type of logical subinterface and
> it is very confusing operationally why there needs to be
> two type of them.

Same here.

We're trying to make the most of the situation by making
sure all our features can exist under the EVC, rather than
calling on an SVI and referencing that as a bridge domain in
the respective EFP.

Something tells me this will be difficult for IP.

We did ask our SE about why we can't just have regular sub-
interfaces, but that was a long time ago and I don't quite
remember what we concluded, except that I think it's not
going to be possible.

Mark.