[c-nsp] Opinions about the next 6500/7600

Mohacsi Janos mohacsi at niif.hu
Mon Feb 7 03:48:04 EST 2011

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011, Mack McBride wrote:

> The cost per gigabit is not at parity yet for low gigabit rates.
> If you are maxing out a 7600 then a ASR 9K is definitely the next step.
> The ASR 9K seems to be very mature for its age.

We deployed ASR9K network recently. We had to open 14 TAC case in two
months installation cycle.

> Curiously the ASR 1K which is a newer platform was very well conceived and has been relatively bug free.

I would not say so: We have ben  using ASR1K for about 2 years now.  We
had lots of headache last year. TAC case opened and remained open for 4-5
months: sudden drop of traffic (sometimes after few minutes uptime,
sometimes days of uptime) on certain broadband conections. TAC did
not have clue where is the problem. Then bug suddenly disappeard without
knowing what caused the problem.

Best Regards,
 		Janos Mohacsi