[c-nsp] Duplicate the packets

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Fri Mar 25 03:19:39 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 12:34 +0530, Ambedkar Podeti wrote:
> Hi, I want to implement the HOT-STANDBY in my network . For this i dont want
> lose even a single packet, so i have implemented NATing, in which i am
> translating the particular address to broadcast as below:

Broadcast is still a single packet. Unless your L2 network is
malfunctioning, everyone on the network will only see one copy of the
frame.

> So, Please suggest some solution w.r.t. NATing or if u have any other
> solution.

IMO your goal is not best solved here. Ethernet specifically isn't
suited for this. I would let the higher layers (application) do the
duplication/deduplication, maybe using two different TCP sessions with
different source and destionation addresses which could be engineered to
take different paths.

--
Peter