[c-nsp] 3845 maxing out at 400 Mbps

Tony Varriale tvarriale at comcast.net
Tue Mar 29 09:27:05 EDT 2011

On 3/28/2011 11:05 PM, Frank Bulk wrote:
> Packet sizes are believed to be roughly equivalent between both 3845's
> because our upstream is just preffing some subnets toward one path than
> another.  I checked everything CEF/interface related on both routers and it
> all appears to be correct and healthy.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Frank

Well they definitely are not.  You have roughly the same throughput and
almost double the packet rate on the second box.

Also as someone else said I'm guessing you are using the gig card and
that's the one that bounces off of 400mbps?  The 3825/45s come with 2
built in gig ports only.

What's your expectation on throughput on these boxes?  Quite frankly, I
think you are doing very well.

tv