[c-nsp] BGP peer/customer routes

Kevin Loch kloch at kl.net
Tue May 31 09:46:45 EDT 2011

vince anton wrote:
> So what happens now is that for this more specific customer prefix, I have a
> specific route saying some AS5 nets are preferable via the peering link than
> via the direct customer link,  and if I want to deliver transit traffic to
> my customer, my router would choose the peering link.  This is not desirable
> behaviour.

Instead of trying to figure out how to break your customer's routing
policy, you might ask them why they prefer the other transit provider.
Is it because of cost? Capacity issues? Do they send you some more
specific and others to AS11?.  Or perhaps there were too
many packet loss/routing issues and things just run more smoothly
through AS11.

- Kevin