[c-nsp] C7600 vs. ASR 9000

Mack McBride mack.mcbride at viawest.com
Mon Oct 3 23:37:13 EDT 2011

The 7600 and ASR9000 use a lot of similar hardware (Cisco didn't reinvent the wheel they just added rims).
The ASR line cards resemble the ES series on the 7600.
The 7600 is a more 'mature' platform but as Mark notes there
is a completely different architecture at the OS level.
Roland noted that the ASR9K has netflow and uRPF advantages.
The differences at the ACL level are less likely to be noticeable unless you are trying to use the
device as a full scale firewall.

Mack