[c-nsp] C7600 vs. ASR 9000

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Tue Oct 4 00:26:57 EDT 2011

On 2011-10-03, at 11:37 PM, Mack McBride wrote:

> The 7600 and ASR9000 use a lot of similar hardware (Cisco didn't reinvent the wheel they just added rims).

Where?

> The ASR line cards resemble the ES series on the 7600.

Where?  If one is using an ES port on a 7600, I'd assume one is likely using EVCs on said port.  The ES ports on the 7600s do not support SPAN on a physical interface that is configured with EVCs.  The ASR9k thankfully supports this extremely basic feature.  The 7600 ES port's lack of SPAN on an EVC would lead me to believe that the ASIC controlling the ES is very different than the ASIC controlling the ASR linecards.