[c-nsp] Input errors, overrun & unknown protocols drops on LAN interface

David Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Tue Sep 13 13:49:27 EDT 2011

I'd say you have a lot of traffic with TTL 1 or a link-local multicast
address on the interface, if everything else is working correctly. Otherwise
you are process switching a lot of traffic.

Here are some pointers:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps133/products_tech_note09186
a0080094791.shtml

But, I would say that you have something like "no ip route-cache" configured
on the interface. You say it is a LAN interface, you talk about MPLS, are
there multiple LDP relationships on this interface, are you running RSVP for
TE on a LAN Segment?

David

--
http://dcp.dcptech.com