[c-nsp] Funny problem w/ SFP link on Nexus 5548

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Sep 22 03:00:22 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 10:45:35PM -0700, quinn snyder wrote:
> i vaguely remember something about gig-e negotiation not being supported
> in the n5.5k platform.  i believe that i helped gert with this as he was
> having issues with his carrier.  i tested with an n5k with glc-sx-mm to
> asr1k and everything came up.  i believe brad hedlund chimed in saying
> something to this effect.  it should be in the archives.

Just for reference - our customer was not able to get the 1G link "up"
with his N5K, and has now terminated this on a 2960.  (Which was not such
a big thing in the end as an upgrade to 10G was scheduled anyway).

It's a bit unfortunate that we couldn't experiment more with this to
find out whether it might have worked with other settings, or maybe
even involved TAC to have a look - but this was a production link that
could only be down with for short times in pre-announced service windows,
and the customer was too busy with moving other stuff to be willing to
invest more time here.

(FTR, this was an 1G link provided by Deutsche Telekom [53X/...], handed
over on some Adva SM/MM conversion gear that we don't know anything else
about)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de