[c-nsp] GRE tunnel bandwidth

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 12:26:14 EDT 2012

Thanks, man. It was difficult to tell what that command did from the
command reference. It simply says that it sets the bandwidth used to
transmit packets. That sounds like more than just a statistical
command, but I think you're correct.

The endpoints are 7600s with Sup 720. The MTU in the path is over 9000
and the tunnel MTU is lower than that, but I think we should try
lowering the tunnel MTU a bit and possibly use tcp mss adjust. I don't
know that it's necessary, though. I believe the end devices themselves
have an MTU of 1500, so we should have plenty of room in the tunnel
for those packets. I'll dig a little deeper into it.

Thanks!
John