[c-nsp] MPLS Forwarding table (Two commands difference)

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon Jul 16 04:32:28 EDT 2012

> Anyone knows the difference between show mpls forwading and show mpls ldp
> forwarding?

well, as the doc says, "show mpls ldp forwarding" shows
	"the LDP forwarding entries and provides LDP view of its
	installed forwarding entries",
while the "show mpls forwarding" displays the real LFIB used by forwarding, and also contains entries from different protocols like L2VPN, BGP or RSVP/TE.

While they look similar, conceptually I would consider the ldp variant still more control-plane, so unless you are troubleshooting LDP/LIB vs. LFIB inconsistencies, I would use "show mpls forwarding ..." to look at the forwarding-plane...

	oli