[c-nsp] Problem w/ ASR1001 power levels

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Mon Jul 16 05:44:00 EDT 2012

Hi,

we have several ASR1001 routers running at our locations ... so far,
everything is fine, though two months ago one router started complaining
about environment sensors. Checking the router, we noticed that several
voltages displayed by the "show env" command would occasionally be
either below or over the "normal" voltage range, though rarely more than
one voltage would show variances at the same time.

As we still had another 1001 in our lab waiting to be deployed, we
switched out the power supplies between the two. Afterwards, neither of
the two showed any more fluctuations.

About two weeks ago, another 1001 at a remote site also started
complaining about environment, again displaying the same erratic
behavior on different power levels ... e.g., on Jul 10, V2: VDD kept
bouncing between low and normal for some time, but no more alerts since
15:01. Instead, V1: 12v kept bouncing on July 12 for some time, but fine
since 18:27. Currently. V1: VMF is showing the same behavior.

I'm not exactly sure which voltages are what, but I presume I can rule
out external power supply problems, as a second 1001 at the same site
and connected to the same two power feeds does not show any of these
problems.

Has anybody here experienced a similar problem?

Tnx, Garry