[c-nsp] Small, Low Power Cisco Router Recommendation

Rusty Dekema rdekema at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 17:08:07 EDT 2012

I ended up ordering a c2621 from the 'bay for the faster application, and
scrounged a free c2514* from a friend for the slower one. Thank you,
Walter, for the 2610 series recommendation, and thanks to the rest of you
for your numerous good alternative suggestions.

*I found it interesting that you need an early 12.2(T) or a much later 12.2
or 12.3 IOS for this router in order to configure an Ethernet interface as
a DHCP client. I guess in those days, there was very little reason you
would ever do that on a router; especially one this expensive.

Thanks again,
Rusty D