[c-nsp] BVIs and finding MAC addresses in IOS XR

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 14:39:47 EDT 2012

I've run into a problem that I can't figure out. We have a BVI
configured with several ports in the bridge domain.If I know the MAC
address of a device, how do I find which layer two port it is
connected to? In IOS I would simply do 'show mac-address-table" and
look for it. I can find no similar command in XR. The output of "show
arp" isn't helpful because it just lists the BVI as the interface. I
need to know the specific interface that has learned that MAC address.

Any idea how to do that in XR?