[c-nsp] ASR9000/RSP440 Console Issue

Tim Franklin tim at pelican.org
Thu Jun 14 07:53:59 EDT 2012

> Real Operators don't need proper OOB.  They drive to lights-out facilities
> at 02:00 in the morning and praise their vendors at loud volume for
> providing them with the opportunity for showing off their operational
> machismo by hitting a power switch in person.

Or to install remote power bars and console servers *once* per rack, and have *one* scriptable interface regardless of how many different types of equipment you connect to it.  Not for every case, but sometimes rolling my own OOB makes more sense than paying the vendor extra to provide me with another different one.

Regards,
Tim.