[c-nsp] IPv6 Etherchannel Workaround for 7600 15.2 (Configuration Concerns)

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Wed Jun 27 01:29:54 EDT 2012

I am actually not sure why you say Etherchannel cannot support IPv6…

I do not really get your config…
You have an EVC (service instance) 1292 facing the customer connection, and the service here is “bridge-domain 1292”. We see the SVI (int vlan 1292) configured with an IPv4 service, so if you need to give your customer an IPv6 service, you would just have to configure IPv6 on the same SVI…

What I do not understand is the “interface Port-channel1.1603” part. Is this for another customer without EVC? Basically, I do not see a reason why you should not be able to add IPv6 configuration on the same subinterface…

Thanks
Arie