[c-nsp] IPv6 Etherchannel Workaround for 7600 15.2 (Configuration Concerns)

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Jun 27 03:19:57 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 12:09:10PM +0800, Xu Hu wrote:
> Since IPv6 Etherchannel cannot support for Cisco IOS so far, one of the
> solution is using the GRE tunnel sending traffic through port-channel,
> hence using the bandwidth.

IPv6 on Etherchannels works perfectly well in general.  Just on specific
combinations of hardware and line cards (AFAIR, GSR with some line cards)
it's not yet supported.

> My IPv6 new deployment is dual-stack, since my IPv4 Etherchannel have many
> sub-interface configuration and also the EVC configuration (Using ES+ line
> card for Port-channel), now i am wondering how to configure such parts when
> IPv6 is deploying.

If you have an ES+ line card, you have 7600, and these have no restrictions
regarding IPv6 on channels.

> Using sub-interface under Tunnel?

Don't believe everything the "experts" say :-)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de