[c-nsp] BCP for carrier-delay msec 0, interface dampening and isis timers

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Sat May 26 13:15:27 EDT 2012

in addition what Saku alreay mentioned:

> I'm building a lab using these settings, but I'm curious what others
are up
> to...

..
> router isis 21949

>  spf-interval 5 1 50

50 ms increment, pls make sure to not set this lower than the duration
of the SPF in your network (check "show isis spf-log" from your
production network).
as for initial-wait (1 ms in your config): There are two design
approaches, tuned for link failure (1 ms) or for node failure (50 ms).
for node failure you want to make sure you get all LSP updates from
neighbours before starting an SPF, for link failures you want to start
asap.

you also want to add

ip routing protocol purge interface
process-max-time 50
!
router isis ..
 fast-flood

[...]
> Also, anyone have any ideas about what the XR equivalent to the isis
spf-
> interval, prc-interval and lsp-gen-interval settings would be?

lsp-gen-interval is under "router isis ..", spf-interval is under the
address-family. there is no prc-interval config, the spf-interval
applies also to prc.
XR's default timers are already tuned for fast convergence, so usually
no need to tune something.

HTH
	oli