[c-nsp] 7200's (LNS) HSRP and VRF's

Andrew Miehs andrew at 2sheds.de
Mon Apr 15 10:50:56 EDT 2013

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 8:00 AM, Jimbo Jones <jimbojones001 at outlook.com>wrote:

> The client "LAN" interfaces are in VRF's (As are the auth'd DSL tails) -
> We need the 7200's to exchange routing information for these VRF's (So run
> MP-BGP on the link between the 7200's), but if we do this, the LAN(HSRP)
> Interfaces in a given VRF would be in the same subnet, so I assume we would
> see a routing conflict?

I assume you are running MPLS based on you wanting to use MP-BGP.
The two 7200s will both announce the same client network.

Do you want to load balance traffic to the client via both 7200s? If not,
you could track the HSRP status on one of the 7200s to adjust the local
preference for that route..

Andrew